activemq-users mailing list archives

From Matt Pavlovich <mattr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ crashes frequently
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 02:02:38 GMT
>    often taking 10 seconds to list just 5 files in an NFS-mounted

That  screams network issue.

 + Check your network interface stats for errors  (ifconfig)
 + Check your duplex setting -- many switches do not really do "auto" well. Hard-coding to
full-duplex helps, but if you have a managed switch, you need to make sure the switch ports
are set to FD as well.
 + Swap network cables (I know, I know.. but its happened)
 + Are you using any centralized user id store for user accounts? A long 'ls' could also be
a slow libnss query trying to resolve uid -> user name
 + syslog and 'dmesg' for kernel errors, as Johan mentioned

The error occurring with local disk is puzzling-- are you using any VM technology?