activemq-users mailing list archives

From Paul Gale <paul.n.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuring common defaults for topics and queues.
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 15:09:21 GMT
Hi,

In an attempt to DRY up my ActiveMQ configuration I realized that,
according to the activemq-core schema, it's possible to configure common
defaults for both topics and queues as shown in the snippet below. I have
this defined in my activemq.xml currently.

Whilst ActiveMQ does not fail the schema validation on startup I still
don't know whether ActiveMQ has honored these settings or has ignored them.
I have not come across any references to this method of configuring common
defaults, nor do I have a way to verify that said configuration has taken
effect the way I think it has, short of relying on any explicit logging
statements. Would exploring ActiveMQ's MBeans via JMX be the best method
for verification?

Can one of the committers comment on the legality of this syntax?

Thanks,
Paul

    <destinationPolicy>
      <policyMap>
        <defaultEntry>
          <policyEntry producerFlowControl="false"
                       advisoryWhenFull="true"
                       advisoryForFastProducers="true"
                       advisoryForSlowConsumers="true"
                       advisoryForDiscardingMessages="true"
                       optimizedDispatch="true">
            <deadLetterStrategy>
              <individualDeadLetterStrategy queuePrefix="DLQ."
                                            topicPrefix="DLQ."
                                            processExpired="false"
                                            useQueueForQueueMessages="true"
                                            useQueueForTopicMessages="true"

destinationPerDurableSubscriber="false"/>
            </deadLetterStrategy>
            <dispatchPolicy>
              <roundRobinDispatchPolicy/>
            </dispatchPolicy>