activemq-users mailing list archives

From Paul Gale <paul.n.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Options for STOMP transport connector
Date Sun, 12 May 2013 21:29:01 GMT
Hi Christian,

I am still a little confused given your previous answer. At first you state:

>No. those configure the TCP transport. They are not openwire or STOMP
>exclusive. They are also *not client or broker specific*. I can update the
>wiki, but they can more explicitly be set as '*transport.soTimeout*'"

Then later you say:

>> transport.ioBufferSize=16384
>> *transport.soTimeout=10000*
>Yes. But regarding your question previously asked... those options are *reserved
for client-side settings.*"

You've referred to the same setting (in this case transport.soTimeout) as
being '*not client or broker specific*' and then later '*reserved for
client-side settings*'. Can you clarify which it is?

So with regard to these two pages in particular (and I daresay others):

http://activemq.apache.org/tcp-transport-reference.html
http://activemq.apache.org/configuring-wire-formats.html

the tables of definitions could benefit from an additional column
indicating the setting's applicability: client, broker or both. Thoughts?
Such a column would definitely help me out.
It would also help if the wiki more clearly specified what the option
prefix should be.

Ideally allowing non-prefixed options should become a deprecated 'feature'
and eventually obsoleted, thus mandating that options be fully qualified.
Thoughts?

Thanks,
Paul

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 12:14 AM, Christian Posta <christian.posta@gmail.com