activemq-users mailing list archives

From Paul Gale <paul.n.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuring limits for advisory topics
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 18:24:05 GMT
There are no subscriptions to the advisory topics at present. Even with no
subscriptions it was my understanding that these messages would accumulate
in memory (or disk) unless consumed. It was this accumulation that I was
hoping to control. I was under the impression that advisory topics were
treated differently than regular topics, where messages are discarded
unless someone has subscribed. Is that not true?

I have turned on advisory support 'just in case' someone wants to examine
said messages. If these advisory messages are being discarded then I guess
I have nothing to worry about. What is the actual case?

Is there any point in specifying a memoryLimit either?

Thanks,
Paul