activemq-users mailing list archives

From SuoNayi <suonayi2...@163.com>
Subject Why the same amount of messages with transactional and non-transactional send consumes different memory usage?
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 05:50:53 GMT

Hi,
I have just done two tests, one test is to send 20,000 messages to one queue with non-transaction,

since the memory usage limit for the queue is 2MB and every message is 1KB so the memory usage
will
reach the highwater mark, that's 70% memory usage.The other test is to send the same amount
of messages
to the other empty queue with transaction(2000 messages each commit), the memory usage percent
is only
19 while I expect it's the same with the non-transaction case.Does someone have the same experience?
Is it a expected behavior?
My broker version  is 5.5.0.

Thanks,
SuoNayi