activemq-users mailing list archives

From SuoNayi <suonayi2...@163.com>
Subject Re:RE: Stuck Messages
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 15:01:41 GMT
What do you mean AMQ stops running?Does it exit the JVM or stop working as expected?
PFC and memory usage limit need fine tune if you want the broker to work stably for weeks.
If you want to see how many pending messages in your destinations or something else,take a
look at

http://activemq.apache.org/how-can-i-monitor-activemq.html

At 2013-05-21 22:36:17,"Donald Masanz" <don.masanz@carters.com> wrote:
>I'm wondering if there is a way to automatically check to see if there are any entries
in the Visibility Inbound queue.  We still have sporadic situations where Apache stops running.
  We have found documentation on where this could be caused by the producerFlowControl, however
we have not made changes to our production system.    What we would like to do is to write
some scripts that could check that queue value so that if the queue > 0 then send us notification.
 This past weekend MQ stopped running and we had over 40,000 entries that needed to process.
 With that being said we know that we can execute AIX scripts to monitor MQ Series so I'm
wondering if there is a way to manually monitor Apache?

such system, it needs to be tuned and configured for your needs and it is highly configurable
and flexible.
>As you are reading the perf page, pull out your activemq.xml from the installed edi system
- mask hosts/ports/passwds and post it on here. Your broker seems to be running low on system
resources.

>On Feb 7, 2013, at 9:00, Donald Masanz <[hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4662994&i=0>>
wrote:

>> Do you have any document available on MQ.  We had this installed in August of 2011,
they installed MQ as part of our EDI software.  I am the ADMIN, but no one in our staff has
actually ever done any set up or configurations.  It was all done for us.  Therefore when
you mention all these options, I really don't have much of a clue what you are talking about.

can keep up with producers, you can always setup nagios alerts (warn/critical) on 'Pending
Messages'. I use my broker liveness monitor daemon that periodically performs synthetic transactions
against the broker so I can auto-markdown bad apple broker nodes on the client side.

>> On Feb 7, 2013, at 8:40, Gaurav Sharma <[hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4662992&i=0>>
wrote:

>>> Folks - when you notice the broker in a 'stuck' state, please take a thread and
heap dump before killing the broker process and share with devs on here.

>>> Also:
>>> 1. What broker topology are you using?
>>> 2. How many producers/consumers?
>>> 3. Are you pooling connections, producers, sessions?
>>> 4. How large are your messages?
>>> 5. How many concurrent connections? What is the rate of message flow /second?
>>> 6. Are messages persistent and if so, what store?
>>> 7. What are your system/memory usage settings? How much heap and RAM on brokers
and on clients?
>>> 8. What is the prefetch size?
>>> 9. How are you using the broker - what role is it playing in your system? Using
queues, topics, both?
>>> 10. Have you monitored GC activity on clients and brokers?
>>> 11. What amq transport are you using and via what client?
>>>
>>> There might be more than one factors at play here. Very curious how restarts
are 'fixing' the problem.

able to keep my application running while I restarted MQ.  Great tip.  Do you have a process
that monitors MQ and notifies you if it stops processing, or do you have to do a manual check?

this issue as well. If we restart activemq everything works however, we have not been able
to find the root cause.