activemq-users mailing list archives

From fenbers <Mark.Fenb...@noaa.gov>
Subject Re: Wire Format Negotiation Timeout -- Say what??
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 23:57:08 GMT

    Well, what happens when you "create a connection" but
      don't start it, it

      will open the transport and start wire format negotiation... when
      you do

      connection.start().. or when you try to open a session, it will
      ensure that

      the connection is properly constructed, which is the expensive
      part. So

      sessions by themselves are cheap enough as long as the &nbsp;connection
      is up.

    I typically:

      create connection
      create session
      create producer/consumer
      set producer/consumer options
      start connection, which is the last thing before returning
        from the run() method

    I find that if I start the connection right after Step 1, then I
      occasionally see errors complaining that a message was received
      before a consumer was created.&nbsp; Starting my connection last seems
      to resolve that problem.&nbsp; Are you saying that it is more expensive
      to do this in my order (above) than it would be if I started my
      connection right after Step 1??

      Mark

mark_fenbers.vcf (360 bytes) <http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4666998/0/mark_fenbers.vcf>