activemq-users mailing list archives

From matteor <matteo.ru...@abodata.com>
Subject Client Failover in a brokers network
Date Fri, 10 May 2013 15:41:24 GMT
I have the following broker topology:

NC1 e NC2 are configured with uri="multicast://239.255.2.4" e TTL=5.
duplex=false on both NC1 and NC2.

Both brokers create a openwire transport connector with nio://0.0.0.0:61616
and discoveryURI="multicast://239.255.2.4". Besides, the following
properties are set:
- update cluster clients
- rebalance cluster clients
- update cluster clients on remove

Each and every client (both consumers and producers) connect to
failover://tcp://<broker A URI>

I performed some tests and I experienced the following behavior:

	 Let us say Producer P1 and Consumer C1 connect to broker A and P2 and C2
connect to B
	 Switch off broker A through jconsole close command
	 C1 and P1 do not switch on B

	 Restart broker A
	 Switch off B through jconsole close command
	 C2 and P2 failover to broker A (so I'm happy)

Is this the expected behavior? Why the switch over from A to B does not
work?

Thank you very much.

matteo