activemq-users mailing list archives

From pp123 <prashantp...@gmail.com>
Subject Confusion: Prefetch Limit and producerFlowControl
Date Fri, 10 May 2013 09:46:21 GMT
Hi ,

I read about prefetch limit and found out that  the default value is : 100
for Durable subscriber.  So for testing this what i am doing is : I have
three subscriber in offline mode and I am trying to publish more than 100
messages expecting after crossing the prefetch limit it should block the
producer . I am publishing 100 messages with in 30 seconds so that it should
be in memory. Also i have configured producer flow control as:

                <policyEntry topic=">" producerFlowControl="true"
optimizedDispatch="true" memoryLimit="300kb"
			cursorMemoryHighWaterMark="30">
                  <pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
                    <constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy limit="0"/>
                  </pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
                </policyEntry>

One message size is : 1kb .So based on this configuration it is blocking
producer after 150th publish. So i assumed may be the memory is 300kb
=(150kb producer + 150kb consumer) . But according to prefetch limit it
should block after 100 only . I am not able to find any documentation about
these things .Please help .