activemq-users mailing list archives

From DV <vind...@gmail.com>
Subject bin/run.jar renamed to bin/actvemq.jar
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 19:43:30 GMT
Just wanted to point out something not very obvious for those upgrading to
5.8.0 version of ActiveMQ: after the upgrade, my init startup script failed
and I've noticed run.jar is missing from bin/ directory. I looked through
release notes and there was no mention of this change. Finally I was able
to figure out that activemq.jar is the renamed run.jar due to similarity in
size.

Because we use our own init scripts rather than those shipped with
ActiveMQ, this was a very non-obvious change, so I thought I'd point it out
to those who are looking to upgrade and are also not using provided init
scripts.

--
Best regards, Dmitriy V.