activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christian Posta <christian.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: activemq.apache.org/jmx.html
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 22:00:21 GMT
I yelled it out the window and that seemed to work for me :)

So the section of the wiki you're referring to is meant for a "url
configuration"

ActiveMQ can be bootstrapped in many different ways, standalone, in a
container (karaf, tomcat, etc), or others... but if you're doing, for
example, an embedded broker, you could create the broker using that url
like this:

BrokerFactory.createBroker("broker:(tcp://localhost:61616)?useJmx=true")

Keep in mind that JMX is enabled by default, so you don't need to specify
it explicitly.

Though, the solution for being "completely lost" can be addressed with a
reading of this lovely book:

ActiveMQ in Action:
http://www.amazon.com/ActiveMQ-Action-Bruce-Snyder/dp/1933988940