activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christian Posta <christian.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re:Clarifcation on KahaDB support for message priority is needed
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 04:35:27 GMT
The clientside message priority is kinda the "default" approach to handling
priority.. no config is needed (on the broker, or the client side) to
enable it... if a producer is sending messages with JMSPriority, then when
the consumer sees it in its prefetch, it will do its best to order them
appropriately.

This won't get you too far if priority is not enabled in the broker and
your consumer prefetch gets filled. It does "somewhat" fulfill the JMS spec
of "do its best to deliver expedited messages ahead of normal messages"