activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about Multiple Consumers / Same Queue
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 11:39:59 GMT
the broker does round robin dispatch and by default will push 1000 messages
to each consumer without an ack. That is the default prefetch value.
see: http://activemq.apache.org/what-is-the-prefetch-limit-for.html

configure a prefetch of 0 and messages will remain with the broker until a
consumer asks for them.

there is also a strict order dispatch mode (alternative to round robin)
where a consumer with prefetch 10 could get all messages 1-10, with 11
going to the next consumer.
so they get all messages in order till their prefetch limit is reached.