activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <smithh032...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Memory leak ] The web application appears to have started a thread.
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 23:24:32 GMT
About a month ago, I started using ActiveMQ (v5.8.0) that is bundled with
TomEE (v1.6.0), and i noticed that in the log too, when I stopped TomEE (to
deploy new version of WAR file).

so, I searched google, and found the following,

http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Old-issue-Memory-leak-after-stop-web-application-in-Tomcat-td4653959.html

which referenced the following,

I found them both to be informative, and I think a fix was introduced in
ActiveMQ 5.7.0, and the end result is that, even though your tomcat/tomee
log mentions those possible memory leaks... if you examine your threads
'after' tomcat/tomee is stopped, then you will not see those threads any
longer.

At least, that is the case for me, since I'm using ActiveMQ 5.8.0 via
TomEE+ 1.6.0. :)