activemq-users mailing list archives

From <guillaume.sur...@orange.com>
Subject XA transaction not working on Broker redelivery.
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 14:11:09 GMT
Hello,

I'm having some troubles using redelivery plugin and XA transactions. I'm using a spring listener-container
and JtaTransactionManager in an application server. I'm using ActiveMQ 5.8.0.

When the listener receives the message, we write it into a database and send a response message
during the transaction. In order to test the rollback of the transaction, we throw an exception
before the end of transaction.

When using client redelivery (jms.redeliveryPolicy.maximumRedeliveries=3), everything works
as expected: the response message is not sent and the message is not persisted.

But when using broker redelivery plugin, the behavior is different. After the redelivery delay,
the message is sent again but the XA is not working anymore on the messaging side: the response
message is sent anyway. So after sending 1 message,  I end up with 1 message in my dead letter
queue (expected), an empty database (expected), and various duplicate message responses (should
be 0).

This is my configuration of the redelivery plugin :
<plugins>
   <redeliveryPlugin fallbackToDeadLetter="true" sendToDlqIfMaxRetriesExceeded="true">
     <redeliveryPolicyMap>
       <redeliveryPolicyMap>
         <defaultEntry>
           <redeliveryPolicy maximumRedeliveries="6" redeliveryDelay="10000" />
         </defaultEntry>
       </redeliveryPolicyMap>
     </redeliveryPolicyMap>
   </redeliveryPlugin>
</plugins>

Has anyone experienced similar problems ? Am I missing something about broker redelivery ?

Thank you,
Guillaume

et ne doivent donc
erreur, veuillez le signaler
susceptibles d'alteration,
France Telecom - Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou
falsifie. Merci.

be protected by law;
and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange is not liable for messages that have been
modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.