activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple consumers not consuming
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 22:17:57 GMT
On 04/19/2013 06:14 PM, SledgeHammer wrote:
> There is only a single machine involved for testing. Windows 7 PC, so I'm
> using the NMS wrappers.
>
> There is one instance of the Producer. It is submitting 1MB IBytesMessages
> (about 753 of them). Producer flow control is turned off as show in the XML
> snippet above. Everything else in the activemq.xml file is stock except the
> port #. Producer URI is:
>
> ?wireFormat.tightEncodingEnabled=true&jms.useAsyncSend=true&jms.useCompression=true
>
> There are two instances of the Consumer. Consumer URI is:
>
> ?wireFormat.tightEncodingEnabled=true&nms.PrefetchPolicy.QueuePrefetch=1
>
> Admin page is showing 2 consumers, both with a PreFetch of 1.
>
> All 3 instances (1 producer, 2 consumers) are all running on the same dev
> machine.
>

> --

Normally it should load balance between the two so not sure what's at
issue here, a couple guesses would be you accidentally set the exclusive
consumer flag on you consumers destination, or you've got some
configuration issue.  Can't really say without seeing code and configs.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.