activemq-users mailing list archives

From SuoNayi <suonayi2...@163.com>
Subject What can be reason of 460%+ memory usage limit
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2013 14:24:11 GMT
Hi,we're using the virtual topic to scatter messages to 12 queues/consumers.

When one consumer of one queue becomes very slow since it's located in London,
far from our data center in china, our single producer becomes very slow to publish messages.
What phenomenon we observed is that:
When the slow consumer located in London dequeues 200 messages the single producer can publish
200 messages or it will be blocked.
It seems that PFC is working but I ensure I have disabled PFC for queues when the broker is
deployed in production.
But PFC for topics is enabled and I have make that disabled and given the broker a reboot.
After that my producer can keep publishing messages regardless of the slow consumer but the
memory usage limit keeps increasing all the time.
Eventually I saw the 460+ memory usage limit reached which made me very surprised.
AFAIK, the pending messages in transactions can contribute to the exceeded memory usage limit.
Since we only have single producer and we send 100 messages in a batch using a transaction
and every message size is less than 1kb,
So I can not understand how the  memory usage limit exceeds so much.

Thanks,
SuoNayi