activemq-users mailing list archives

From Chen <tacoc0...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem using NFSv4 for Shared File System Master Slave
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 04:43:23 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using ActiveMQ 5.5.1 to be my HA JMS, but recently I've found an
unexpected error.
Both master and slave AMQ can grab the same file lock and receive client's
request one the network back stable from unstable.

In my experiment, I used kahaDB to be the persistenceAdapter.
The setting is like:
<persistenceAdapter>
  <kahaDB directory="/nfs4/server/data/kahadb"/>
</persistenceAdapter>
There are 2 activeMQs in different machines, and the NFS server is installed
in one of them.
I will use "AMQ1" to present the one without out NFS server and "AMQ2" for
the other one.

I start AMQ1 earlier then AMQ2, so the AMQ1 grab the file lock and be the
master, AMQ2 be slave brokers and sit in a loop trying to grab the lock from
the master broker.
Then I disconnect AMQ1's network, AMQ2 can grab the file lock and start
working after a while, AMQ1 is still alive and don't show any error message.
After AMQ2 starting working, I enable AMQ1's network, both AMQ1 and AMQ2 can
serve client's request at the same time (I can use webconsole to send
message for both AMQ).
This can cause losing message or restart AMQ failed.

Is this a bug?
I can't find any issue about this, can anyone explain it?
Many thanks.