activemq-users mailing list archives

From mvilleta <>
Subject Re: Question about listeners performance
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2013 13:51:20 GMT
Both consumer and producer was executed from a main class that create two
instances of them (one per each). Then, I made a runnable jar file and I run
it from the JProfiler tool.

I had understood (reading the documentation) that non-persistence messages
are never allocated on the disk. Simply they reside into the memory until
some cosumer get them. If nobody takes this messages, I thought they reside
in the memory, but if someone takes them (as happend in my example) they
will be released by GC as an unused reference. Doesn't it work like this?