activemq-users mailing list archives

From SledgeHammer <>
Subject Re: Is this possible with ActiveMQ?
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2013 21:27:06 GMT
I understand we have the 9 priorities... so my original plan to intersperse
the messages was to pick a random priority between 0 & 9 and assign that to
the message. In the long term, that should be an even distribution among
producers. My boss however complained that probably 1 ProducerB message will
get a 1 and 14k ProducerA messages will get a 1, but 85k ProducerA messages
will get a higher priority. So ProducerB will have to wait for over 85k
messages to be processed before it gets to that one last message. Thats the
issue we were trying to solve.