activemq-users mailing list archives

From SledgeHammer <gro...@firstam.com>
Subject Trying to set up non-persistant messaging...
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 21:05:12 GMT
Trying to set up my ActiveMQ to be non persistent so I can get it as fast as
possible. We don't need to re-queue messages if the queue is restarted. As I
have it right now, it takes 50ms for a 1MB send. When I add
persistance="false" to the broker tag, it drops down to 15ms for a 1MB send.
Issue, of course is that I run out of memory with about 520 messages in the
queue.

I saw this URL: http://activemq.apache.org/message-cursors.html

Not sure which set up I need, but I assumed the FileCursor so when the
memory is used up, it swaps out to disk.

Tried the persistance="false" and:

 <pendingQueuePolicy>
            	<fileQueueCursor />
            </pendingQueuePolicy>

But it still died around 520 msgs. Do I need to configure something else?