activemq-users mailing list archives

From mvilleta <mvill...@cafsignalling.com>
Subject Question about listeners performance
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 11:34:05 GMT
Thanks for your answers,

I continue having the same problem. Reading the API specifications of
"close" method for MessageConsumer and MessageProducer, I noticed that it
specifies the following:

"Since a provider may allocate some resources on behalf of a MessageProducer
outside the JVM, clients should close them when they are not needed. Relying
on garbage collection to eventually reclaim these resources may not be
timely enough."

At all my application, I'm never close the sessions of my producers and
consumers. Could it be a performance problem for the application?.

SouNayi, have you ever closed any session at your 24x7 application
eventually, on that case, how can I do it without stop the service?.

Thanks in advance

Regards