activemq-users mailing list archives

From htsang4lo <hts...@liveops.com>
Subject Network broker questions
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 18:48:25 GMT
Hi,

I have an already existing network brokers setup which has 2 brokers
connecting with each other. Topic1 messages from broker1 forward to broker2
and vice versa.

Currently, a new application is implemented by connecting a new AMQ server
which is acted as another broker, say broker3. I updated the configuration
of broker1 with static network broker as:

<networkConnectors>
        <networkConnector name="broker1"
uri="static://(tcp://broker2:61616,tcp://broker3:61616)"/>
</networkConnectors>

so that messages sent to broker1 could forward to both broker2 and broker3.
There are many topics in broker1 but not all topics to be subscribed by the
new application.

After starting broker3, I could see all the topics showing in broker3 by
using jconsole but only the subscribed topics having messages being enqueued
or dequeued.

I'd like to confirm if broker1 could be out of memory by this new
configuration? Besides, if no consumer subscribed to other topics, will the
messages still forward to broker3 from broker1?