activemq-users mailing list archives

From arjun <arjun....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Activemq producer locks
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 05:40:52 GMT
Hi,

A few more recent observations.

consider this -

we have a message producer that uses a failover transport
failover://(tcp://host1:61616,tcp://host2:61616).

there are 2 brokers - 1 on host 1 and other on host2 and both listen to
61616 on the respective machines. Both point to same data store(oracle db)
and while executing the test case, the broker on host 2 is the one that has
acquired the db lock and hence is the active instance

Now, when the message producer gets 61616 as the ephemeral port to make the
tcp connection, the thread seems to hang. an lsof listing of activity on
port 61616(lsof -iTCP:61616) displays this -

java the_pid_of_the_message_producer .. all other info and then this is the
name -

 host1:61616->host1:61616

The port is never released by the thread. Also, in this state, when the
broker on host1 tries to become the active broker(if we bring down the
broker on host2), it fails to start up with the address already in use.

Could someone please explain whats happening here. Is the solution for this
to make sure 61616 is not got as an ephemeral port on host1(I am not able to
figure why that would be necessary as there is nothing listening on port
61616 on host1. We are using AMQ 5.5.0