activemq-users mailing list archives

From mdblack98 <mdblac...@yahoo.com>
Subject client already connected from durable topic subscribers
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2013 13:58:32 GMT
Broker: localhost - Client: mblack3 already connected from
tcp://10.40.245.19:4688

I'm trying to make my client as robust as possible so I'm testing crashes at
different stages of processing.

This is the one thing that's slowing down developing this a lot.  When the
client crashes the subscription still shows under "Active Durable Topic
Subscribers".  And I haven't yet figured out how long it takes to time
out...but it seems like several hours at least....yuck....

Trying to restart the client gives the "already connected" which makes sense
as the ActiveMQ server hasn't timed out the dead client yet.

So....
#1 Can the client ask for the active subscriber to close that "Client ID"
when reconnecting?
#2 Can the client set the timeout so when the client just "disappears"  the
broker will timeout fairly soon?
#3 Is there some other solution for the client?

I don't want the subscription to be deleted....just the active client to be
closed.

I've tried:
failover -- says it's reconnecting but still get's the "already connected"
error.
keepalive -- doesn't seem to matter -- but I guess that doesn't impact the
broker timeout.

I don't want to modify the broker side...may not have any control over
it...so this should be a client choice.