activemq-users mailing list archives

From ByteFlinger <byteflin...@gmail.com>
Subject PrioritizedBackup slows down producers?
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 13:12:01 GMT
Hi

I have setup a network of 2 brokers connected to each other and I am
performing some tests towards them.

I have setup prioritizedBackup so that if broker 1 goes down and later on
comes up again, the producers will connect themselves back to that broker
rather than keep sending messages to broker 2.

I have noticed that as soon as I bring broker 1 down, it seems that activemq
will try to reconnect itself to that broker after sending every single
message and since it takes some time to timeout (and that the same thread
seems to be used to reconnect thus blocking sending the next message), that
means that even though broker 2 is up and running, sending messages to it
takes considerably more time when broker 1 is down than it does otherwise.

Is this normal behavior? If so, is there any way to tweak that so that it
only tries to reconnect every X messages or maybe that it uses a separate
thread to check whether that broker is up or not? Any other suggestions on
how one can overcome this issue are welcome.

Regards
ByteFlinger