activemq-users mailing list archives

From SledgeHammer <>
Subject Purge policy not working?
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 17:34:17 GMT
I have a producer who posts, say, 1000 messages to the queue and specifies a
temp response queue for the replies. All works correctly, but if I shut down
the producer process before all the replys are processed, I get the
Apache.NMS.InvalidDestinationException from the clients who are responding.
Expected. I saw that I can set up a purge policy to get rid of these
messages that have invalid response destinations.

I tried:

    <broker xmlns=""
brokerName="localhost" dataDirectory="${}"

                <policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="true"
memoryLimit="1mb" gcInactiveDestinations="true"

but after 10 / 30 seconds, the messages are never purged.

Am I missing something?