activemq-users mailing list archives

From SledgeHammer <gro...@firstam.com>
Subject Question about Multiple Consumers / Same Queue
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 23:59:27 GMT
Brand new to ActiveMQ and enterprise queues in general, but I am trying this
out for a new project. Working in C#.

Set up 2 console apps. One (AppA) sends 1000 messages to the TEST queue and
then waits for responses. The other one is the "consumer" (AppB). Listens to
the TEST queue and processes messages.

For testing, I ran 2 copies of AppB. In the stock set up, AppB-1 processed
msgs 1,3,5,7,9,etc. and AppB-2 processed 2,4,6,8,10,etc.

I added a variable thread sleep to simulate our real world environment.
AppB-1 sleeps 100ms before responding and AppB-2 sleeps 2000ms before
responding.

Unfortunately, AppB-1 still only gets 1,3,5,7,9 and AppB-2 still only gets
2,4,6,8,10,etc.

Since the -1 instance is simulating working much faster, I'd like it to pick
up the slack for the slower AppB-2 consumer.

How do I do something like that? Seems like its just going round robin.