activemq-users mailing list archives

From ByteFlinger <byteflin...@gmail.com>
Subject Webconsole failover not working?
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 10:03:10 GMT
Hi

I have setup a simple broker master/slave setup with pretty much the default
activemq.xml config except having the added the HA part.

Since the slave server does not answer until it becomes master, I am trying
to make the webconsole on both sides point always to the master server so
users don't have to keep checking which server is currently the master.

What I have done is edited the activemq script under the bi  directory and
added the following line (on both servers)

ACTIVEMQ_OPTS="$ACTIVEMQ_OPTS
-Dwebconsole.jms.url='failover:(tcp://address1:61616,tcp://address2:61616)'"

However I cannot get this to work. Whenever I type the URL of webconsole of
the slave server (for example http://address2:8161) it simply says that no
such page exists while the master works fine.

As mentioned this is using more or less the default config so it is using
AMQ's embedded jetty server which configuration is being imported at the
bottom of the activemq.xml configuration file.

Am I missing the point on how this is supposed to work, did I do something
wrong or is there anything that needs to be done?