activemq-users mailing list archives

From Marcin Giedz <marcin.gi...@arise.pl>
Subject AMQ-2657 recap
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 10:48:42 GMT
Hi all,

I'd like to recap this issue (it is solved already but we still face the same problem):
a) producer/consumer are written in C++ with cms version 3.4.X
b) when client connects to broker it sends information over regular queue (queue created by
producer) then producer creates temp-queue and sends temp-queue ID to the client
c) when client finishes "not gracefully" some temp-queues are not cleaned - they still exists
there however when I look at such queue I can see ConsumerCOunt=0 and ProducerCount=0 but
EnqueueCount still goes up. Strange thing is that ProducerCOunt in jconsole is set to 0 even
for "working temp-queues" so perhaps this information is somehow misleading but it's all I
can say ;(

In such case I have to run script to purge such queue periodically. I also found that if producer
stops sending data during "inactiveperiod" AMQ drops temp-queue.

What can I do to provide you with more details for this issue? Perhaps producer is still there
on this temp-queue but it is not shown in jconsole/jmx - but how to be sure that producer
is still alive - perhaps I need to change up debug information in AMQ?

Thx
Marcin