activemq-users mailing list archives

From Raúl Kripalani <r...@evosent.com>
Subject Re: Best protocol & network interface binding
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 15:45:02 GMT
Yes, you're right. You can force the socket to bind to a particular Network Interface. But
this is done to override the primary decision the OS takes based on its routing tables.
Furthermore, by making the application layer participate in the IP routing, you likely end
up with fragile code and - to some extent - breaking the nice separation of the OSI layer
model. After all, you'll have to maintain the binding network interface name and/or IP in
the configuration of every client machine as they change over time.

Anyway, your choice ;) Please let us know if SuoNayi's approach works.

Regards,
Raúl.