activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christian Posta <christian.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How are advisory topics different from durable topics ?
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 14:11:11 GMT
Advisory toipcs replay existing state to new consumers so that a new
consumer doesn't miss events in the past. It won't replay every single
event, just the events that would create the "current" state, ie in your
case, the existing queues. This behavior is built into the advisory
destination implementation and not implemented with retroactive consumer.

You can achieve something "similar" if you use retroactive consumer
(setting it on a destination policy, not by passing it with the consumer:
See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-2911 for more