activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Connection and Reconnect. (activemq-cpp)
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 17:09:50 GMT
On 03/08/2013 01:21 AM, parth325 wrote:
> Hi Friends,
> I am having single activemq broker , but i want to have multiple connections
> with it , as the rate at which my application is receiving data is quit high
> and single connection is causing some performance bottle neck.
>
> I have been suggested to create multiple connections or connection pool.
> currently i am using session pool, but i want to have pool of connection.
>
> 1- Does calling createConnection multiple time give me new connection every
> time or I have to call ActiveMQConnectionFactory multiple time.

Every time you call createConnection you get a new Connection instance
that is independent of all other Connection's created.

> 2- If I am able to get connection pool , does failover mechanism support the
> reconnect of all connections.
Each Connection created has its own instance of a Transport, therefore
each one fails over when the connection drops on its own assuming you
use the Failover Transport.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.