activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Robert A. Decker" <dec...@robdecker.com>
Subject How to use in osgi
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 11:32:19 GMT
Hello,

I've read the page:
http://activemq.apache.org/osgi-integration.html

I'm trying to use activemq-osgi in Apache Sling, which uses Apache Felix for its osgi container.
I only want to use it to create Producers/Consumers and Publishers/Subscribers. The apachemq
server is running somewhere else.

First, I tried just using it as a dependency:
            <dependency>
                <groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
                <artifactId>activemq-osgi</artifactId>
                <version>5.8.0</version>
            </dependency>

However, when I try:
        ConnectionFactory factory = new ActiveMQConnectionFactory(brokerURL);

I get dependency errors somewhere inside activemq:
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.management.j2ee.statistics.Stats not found
by iarpa-messaging [115]

This is the same dependency problem I get with activemq-core.

Out of curiosity I installed the achivemq-osgi jar into Felix and it activated successfully
but it doesn't seem to provide any osgi services.

When I user activemq-all (instead of activemq-core and activemq-osgi) I successfully send
and receive messages. However, activemq-all interferes with slf4j and so I can't see log messages.
activemq-all also messes up my exports for the bundle.

Does anyone have experience with these issues?

Can I use activemq-osgi and include something else for the missing dependencies?

Rob