activemq-users mailing list archives

From xbhanu <xbh...@gmail.com>
Subject Cometd vs ActiveMQ for server side push for real time web applications
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 08:57:52 GMT
We have requirement to develop server side push infra for real time web
applications. For this, I have been considering using Cometd since this
supports both long polling as well as web sockets based implementation.

However, I recently came across links like
http://activemq.apache.org/ajax.html and
http://activemq.apache.org/websockets.html that say even ActiveMQ provides
support for server side push using long polling(Comet technique) as well as
web sockets. My understanding is that ActiveMQ implementation for this does
not conform to Bayeux protocol.

Is there any advantage/benefits of ActiveMQ over the Cometd for server side
push solutions? Are there any additional features that one of these provide?
Which is these is more popular and stable?

Thanks,
Bhanu