activemq-users mailing list archives

From ms <luckydevil...@yahoo.de>
Subject balancing a distributed queue
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 22:17:26 GMT
Hi there,

I have two embedded brokers configured as a static network of brokers.
There is one producer (overall) and each node features 4 consumers. Messages
are getting distributed evenly over both brokers.
Node A processes the messages a little faster than node B. So, after some
time all 4 consumers on node A are idle whereas node B still has to process
200K+ messages.
Is there a way to "rebalance" the pending messages?
I've been playing around with duplex, prefetchSize etc. to no success so
far.

Cheers
Michael