activemq-users mailing list archives

From damianbl <damian.blazejew...@gmail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ c++ - redelivery delay
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 12:20:46 GMT
Hello,

I am using ActiveMQ-CPP 3.4.5 to connect from C++ program to message broker.
The problem I encountered is connected with redelivery policy.
Messages which are returned to queue are redelivered immediately. This is
not the
behaviour I expect. I would expect the messages to be returned after certain
period
of time which is set through redelivery policy.

This is a code snipped showing the way I set up redelivery policy:

		policy = new activemq::core::policies::DefaultRedeliveryPolicy();

		policy->setInitialRedeliveryDelay(0);
		policy->setRedeliveryDelay(10000);
		policy->setMaximumRedeliveries((int)
activemq::core::RedeliveryPolicy::NO_MAXIMUM_REDELIVERIES);

		connectionFactory.setRedeliveryPolicy(policy);

As I said before I would except the messages to be redelivered after 10000
ms, but the are not.
They come back to consumer immediately.

Does anyone know what could be the reason of such behaviour?