activemq-users mailing list archives

From jaikit <jktsa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Random slow Subscribers - causing Topic to full - Solution ?
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 22:00:45 GMT
I was able to forward messages from Topics to Queue using VirtualDestination.
But I am not able to figure out how do I configure my consumer to drop
messages if they are consuming slow.

I got below snippet from ActiveMQ documentation.
Non-durable queues
A slow consumer is not really an issue with queues. But all of the consumers
being slow is. In this case we eventually block the producer until messages
are consumed.
Other options could be to
spool messages to disk
discard messages

How should I configure queues to discard messages ? Appreciate any help !

Thanks