activemq-users mailing list archives

From jaikit <jktsa...@gmail.com>
Subject Random slow Subscribers - causing Topic to full - Solution ?
Date Sat, 16 Mar 2013 05:04:41 GMT

I currently have a Topic and there are multiple clients which are subscribed
to my Topic. I am running with default prefetch for each client. Now the
problem is if one of the client is slow, it slows down other subscribers. I
am thinking to play by setting low prefetch for slow consumer. But this
solution does not work because in my case slow clients are random and they
keep changing over a period of time (based on the backend they are
communicating). Hence I cannot keep low prefetch for one of the client.

Solution which I am thinking to prototype below solution:
I will be keeping queues for each subscriber and now Given a Topic - pool of
threads will remove events from Topic and copy the events to my queue. Now
since I have queue for each subscriber, each client is independent of each
other. I will set prefetch limit to each queue. Once that limit is reached,
I will drop the events. Drawback: Memory is required for each queue now.

I would like some views about above solution or any other solution which you
think might fit for my case.

Thanks