activemq-users mailing list archives

From jan <jan_decoo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Best protocol & network interface binding
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 15:04:43 GMT
When I open a socket in Java to send/receive data, I can do the following:

// open socket
dc = DatagramChannel.open(StandardProtocolFamily.INET6);

// set options ...

// bind to IP. The SocketAddress comes from the network-interface using
// NetworkInterface.getByName(networkIntf)
dc.bind(socketAddress);

But that's the theory. I use ActiveMQ to receive JMS messages and write the
following:

ActiveMQConnectionFactory("system", "manager", "tcp://some_server:61616");

>From the preceding answer from SuoNayi, the following code should work:

ActiveMQConnectionFactory("system", "manager",
"tcp://broker-ip:broker-port/local-ip:local-port?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=120000
");

where the variable "local-ip" comes from the
NetworkInterface.getByName(networkIntf) object.

However, I can't find any documentation. I will try this code tomorrow.
Further info is really appreciated.

greetings
Jan