activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Robert A. Decker" <dec...@robdecker.com>
Subject Re: How to use in osgi
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 13:00:48 GMT
Ok, after adding to my pom:

            <dependency>
                <groupId>javax.management.j2ee</groupId>
                <artifactId>javax.management.j2ee-api</artifactId>
                <version>1.1</version>
            </dependency>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>javax.transaction</groupId>
                <artifactId>jta</artifactId>
                <version>1.1</version>
            </dependency>

I've now got activemq-core successfully producing/consuming activemq messages inside apache
sling.

Rob

On Mar 19, 2013, at 1:46 PM, Robert A. Decker wrote:

> I compared the jars between activemq-all and activemq-osgi and these are missing in activemq-osgi:
> javax.management.j2ee
> javax.management.j2ee.statistics
>
> I can't find these as maven dependencies. Do I just have to extract them from activemq-all?
>
> Rob
>
> On Mar 19, 2013, at 12:32 PM, Robert A. Decker wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've read the page:
>> http://activemq.apache.org/osgi-integration.html
>>
>> I'm trying to use activemq-osgi in Apache Sling, which uses Apache Felix for its
osgi container. I only want to use it to create Producers/Consumers and Publishers/Subscribers.
The apachemq server is running somewhere else.

>> First, I tried just using it as a dependency:
>>           <dependency>
>>               <groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
>>               <artifactId>activemq-osgi</artifactId>
>>               <version>5.8.0</version>
>>           </dependency>
>>
>> However, when I try:
>>       ConnectionFactory factory = new ActiveMQConnectionFactory(brokerURL);
>>
>> I get dependency errors somewhere inside activemq:
>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.management.j2ee.statistics.Stats
not found by iarpa-messaging [115]

>> This is the same dependency problem I get with activemq-core.
>>
>> Out of curiosity I installed the achivemq-osgi jar into Felix and it activated successfully
but it doesn't seem to provide any osgi services.

>> When I user activemq-all (instead of activemq-core and activemq-osgi) I successfully
send and receive messages. However, activemq-all interferes with slf4j and so I can't see
log messages. activemq-all also messes up my exports for the bundle.