activemq-users mailing list archives

From Raul Kripalani <r...@evosent.com>
Subject Re: non durable subscriber on failover reconnect
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 08:45:53 GMT
Yes, if you want to be JMS spec compliant and you want 100% guarantee that
all missed messages will be received upon reconnection.

However, AMQ has a nifty feature called Retroactive Consumers which can
help if you want to avoid durable subscriptions [1], but still keep a
limited number of past messages around.

One detail: messages don't survive broker crashes with retroactive
consumers AFAIR, but maybe someone else could confirm.

[1] http://activemq.apache.org/retroactive-consumer.html

Regards,
Raúl.

Sent while on the move.