activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reorder of messages
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 12:21:33 GMT
On 13 February 2013 14:20, dannygallagher2@gmail.com <
dannygallagher2@gmail.com> wrote:

> ..
> One question about priority messages:
> When a message is consumed by priority, isn't that really the same as using
> a selector?
> ActiveMQ must be looking at everything in the queue, just like a selector
> would. Correct?

The difference between priority and selectors is that the index is
in priority order, there is a view of all messages from the index.
In kahaDb we effectively keep 3 indices. (low, med, hi)
selectos need to be run on the entire message so the message needs to be in
memory, hence the pageSize and limitations.

For the jdbc store, the DB does the work on the messages table (we index
with priority and message id), thus the full 0-9 range of priority is
easily supported.

--
http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com