activemq-users mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Apollo and server redundancy
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:06:43 GMT
Hi Robert,

For both ActiveMQ and Apollo, you should handle HA by using a message store
that sits on top a replicated file system or database.  There's lots of
ways to do this and they vary in complexity and price.  For the cheap and
cheerful option, I'd recommend you look into drdb [1] or glusterfs [2].  Or
you can use things like an EMC Symmetrix SAN which is fast and robust but
pricey.

[1]: http://www.drbd.org/
[2]: http://www.gluster.org/

--