activemq-users mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Questions about AMQP support in release 5.8.0
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 13:19:20 GMT
Ok first a little background:

We do convert AMQP message to JMS messages, but by default we convert them
in a way that provides the best AMQP fidelity for when your sending with
AMQP and receiving with AMQP.

There are 3 basic conversion strategies we support:
raw - Wraps the bytes of the AMQP message into a JMS BytesMessage.
jms - Maps headers of the AMQP message to JMS message headers and maps the
body of the AMQP message to JMS body.
native - Wraps the bytes of the AMQP message into a JMS BytesMessage and
also maps the headers of the AMQP message to headers on the JMS message.

By default we use the 'native' conversion strategy so that you can still
use JMS selectors against the message but you don't 'loose' any of fidelity
in the original AMQP message.

Q1: If you want messages converted to JMS TextMessages you should add the
'transformer=jms' query option to the AMQP transport's configuration.

Q2: Yes

Q3: Yes