activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gaurav Sharma <gaurav.cs.sha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stuck Messages
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 16:40:22 GMT
Folks - when you notice the broker in a 'stuck' state, please take a thread and heap dump before
killing the broker process and share with devs on here.

Also:
1. What broker topology are you using?
2. How many producers/consumers?
3. Are you pooling connections, producers, sessions?
4. How large are your messages?
5. How many concurrent connections? What is the rate of message flow /second?
6. Are messages persistent and if so, what store?
7. What are your system/memory usage settings? How much heap and RAM on brokers and on clients?
8. What is the prefetch size?
9. How are you using the broker - what role is it playing in your system? Using queues, topics,
both?
10. Have you monitored GC activity on clients and brokers?
11. What amq transport are you using and via what client?

There might be more than one factors at play here. Very curious how restarts are 'fixing'
the problem.

On Feb 7, 2013, at 8:18, Donald Masanz <don.masanz@carters.com> wrote:

> I took your advice this morning when I noticed that MQ had hung up and was able to keep
my application running while I restarted MQ.  Great tip.  Do you have a process that monitors
MQ and notifies you if it stops processing, or do you have to do a manual check?

as well. If we restart activemq everything works however, we have not been able to find the
root cause.