activemq-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Calvo Gómez <andreas.ca...@scytl.com>
Subject Understanding NoB
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:25:08 GMT
Hello,
In the following scenario:
- 4 machines (A1, A2, A3 and CB1)
- 3 of them (A1, A2 and A3) under the same broadcast domain, with an
embedded broker (persistent), a local consumer (durable subscriber) and
a local producer, with multicast enabled and static network connector
(SSL) to a central broker (CB1)
- the remaining one (CB1), is a standalone broker using SSL

Question is: after a start of all machines,
- how many and which connectors will an embedded broker see? and
subscribers?
- how many and which connectors will the standalone broker see? and
subscribers?
- what happens when the producer sends a message? does it gets routed

Reason is that we see two different scenarios in the embedded brokers:
- all of them have the correct connectors (to the other 2 embedded
brokers and to the central broker)
- two of them see 3 durable subscriber: one local and two multicast
- one of them sees 3 durable subscribers: one local, one multicast and
one to the central broker

What we see is that one of the embedded brokers logs "duplicate message
add attempt rejected", and it increases the pending queue size (seems
like somehow it's doing a relay of the message).

Thanks!