activemq-users mailing list archives

From "mandar.wanpal" <>
Subject Re: AMQ halts and crashes after few thousand reqs
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 15:40:14 GMT
Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. From the replies above, I could understand 2 things.
1. I need to post detailed config. (Christian)
2. There are cases of AMQ running fine with people.  (Gaurav)

Firstly, configs.
Below are startup jvm params.
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-sun.x86_64/bin/java -Xms1g -Xmx1g -Xss256k
-jar /opt/app/apache-activemq/bin/run.jar start

Yes this system is not a productive system where I am doing load testing and
its not even quadcore. Its dualcore. But, my productive system is also not
that high end because we are at very initial stage in this project and we
may ramp up these systems as per the requirements. I have production system
with  dual core 2.67Ghz processor with 8G RAM
>From the config I have provided above, If you could help me find out
potential areas where this config can be improved for such setup.
Will it be too much to expect 10 messages/sec with such setup.

Also main concern I had mentioned was with the increasing FullGC which
ultimately results in AMQ not responding and it switches to its failover
(which also fails at some point). Have you observed any such thing at your
end. I have seen jvm stats via jconsole while these tests. below are the
jconsole stats.

I will attach activemq.xml ASAP.

Mandar Wanpal