activemq-users mailing list archives

From Ishitori <Ishit...@bk.ru>
Subject OutOfMemoryError due to TopicSubscription
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 13:45:19 GMT
Hi,

Recently our live AMQ 5.7.0 server on Windows experienced OutOfMemory
exception. I've read the article
http://blog.garytully.com/2009/07/apache-activemq-out-of-memory.html that
states that it is usually a problem of configuration. I also read FAQ page
http://activemq.apache.org/javalangoutofmemory.html to understand what kind
of configuration parameters should I tune.

But what I can't understand is why TopicSubscription is mentioned in the
log? I don't use topics at all, I use queues only. But the log message
states that TopicSubscription was the reason I got the exception:

2013-02-22 00:27:09,330 | INFO  | TopicSubscription:
consumer=ID:AMQ1-49531-1360656683385-98:2:1:1, destinations=7, dispatched=1,
de
livered=16458, matched=51393, discarded=0: Pending message cursor
[org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.VMPendingMessageCursor@13e97dd]
is full, temp usage (59%) or memory usage (101%) limit reached, blocking
message add() pending the release of resources. | org.apache.activ
emq.broker.region.TopicSubscription | ActiveMQ NIO Worker 168983

So, I can guess that cursor got to the limit of memory and stopped
processing. But why is it TopicSubscription? If it is a queue then what is
the name of that queue? And am I right that I should increase <memoryUsage
limit="64 mb"/> to solve the problem in future?