activemq-users mailing list archives

From "dannygallagher2@gmail.com" <dannygallagh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reorder of messages
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 14:20:28 GMT
Message Priority might be a workable solution, except for when using KahaDB I
only have three levels I can set.  That doesn't give me enough values.  JDBC
gives me all the JMS standard priorities, so that is better.
But isn't using jdbc instead of kaha or leveldb many times slower in
general?

One question about priority messages:
When a message is consumed by priority, isn't that really the same as using
a selector?
ActiveMQ must be looking at everything in the queue, just like a selector
would. Correct?

So then the same concerns about performance and tweaking the page size are
still there.

It seems it all comes down to the fact that there is no way to "get" a
specific message from a queue/topic without looking at all the messages, as
it is not a relational database, and isn't supposed to be.

Although, if I'm using a jbdc relational database as my store, that type of
"get" should be possible?  Not in a standard ActiveMQ / JMS way, but the
data of what is in a queue or topic is stored in tables that I can query.
Correct?

Making sure I'm not missing something before giving up.

Thanks for any responses